Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Welcome to Blueberry Hill Blog!

Welcome to the first installment and introductory post of the newly created Blueberry Hill Blog! I thought that this would be a fun way to add a more "interactive" element to the site, and it might also prove to be useful and informational as well. As an overview, I am planning on using this blog as a way of sharing information that doesn't fit anywhere else at the Blueberry Hill Bass site.

For instance, I thought that it might be fun to occasionally post "in-progress" photos and discuss specs of basses that are custom orders for customers. I have at least one custom order pending with every one of my builders a present, with four projects pending with Carey Nordstrand and five with Keith Roscoe. In other words, there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that usually doen't make the site until photos of the finished instruments are placed in the Sold Basses Gallery. I plan on posting "in progress" photos of these basses (and other projects) as they become available.

The blog will also give me a place to talk about other matters of interest (special collaborations with builders, new product lines, industry news, etc.) that just weren't appropriate for the News and Basses pages on the main site. I receive a LOT of questions via e-mail, phone calls, and PMs at Talkbass and the Bass Player Magazine forums. While a lot of these questions are unique to the individual, many of them are repetitive in nature. I have probably answered the "Nordstrand vs. Fralin" question well over 100 times over the years, and this blog will be a great place to post a FAQ-type reply to those questions which seem to be on the minds of many players. While I don't expect such a post to be the end of the discussion, it certainly should help frame the issue a little.

Overall, this should be a fun little experiment. I do not consider myself a "blogger", nor do I read them, but it looks like I have officially joined the ranks....for better or for worse! Check back often, and let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

Blogger ELI MANISCALCO said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home