Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Blueberry Hill and the "New" Busch Stadium

In between discussions about wood, pickups, and preamps, many of you have discovered through the years that I am a big fan of N.L. baseball and, specifically, a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals fan. Over the holiday weekend, I finally had the opportunity to make my first visit to the new Busch Stadium. I was sufficiently impressed, and would recommend a visit to any baseball fan or to anyone spending time in St. Louis. A 1-0 loss to the Pirates was not as exciting as the bottom of the ninth, 2-out, game winning 3-run Tommy Herr home run that emortalized my first visit to the old Busch back in the summer of '85, it was still a pretty good time. While I still wish that "Old Busch" was still around, I'm certainly not one to stand in the way of progress. Besides...they would just concrete right over me and keep on going! The new stadium is here and the old one isn't coming back, so I might as well get used to it!

And now for the "bass" related part of this story. When the new stadium was under construction, I decided to participate in the "brick paver" program. Essentially, for a small fee, fans were given the opportunity to purchase a brick that they could then customize with their own message. These bricks would then be set in blocks surrounding the stadium walkways. I thought that it would be fun to immortalize Blueberry Hill Bass outside of the new stadium, so I combined BHB with Cardinal HOF announcer Jack Buck's famous sign-off at the end of each Cardinal victory: "That's a Winner!" I feel like Blueberry Hill has been a winner since it's inception, the enormously talented craftsmen that we work with are winners, and our customers are winners in the truest sense of the word.

The photo above is the view of the stadium where the Blueberry Hill brick paver resides (outside the stadium and down the first base line). If you ever find yourself outside the stadium, see if you can find the brick along the walkway. If you spot it, snap a photo, send it in, and I'll give you a free bass! Well...not really, but I'd be thrilled to hear from anyone who picks it out of the crowd. : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home